Sunday, November 14, 2010

Letter to my baby girl - 1 month old




Lauryn,
Happy one month old day! I can't believe it has already been a whole month. To say you have changed my life would be an understatement. You have made each day so precious. You have made each morning the best morning I have ever had. I wake up and hear you crying for me and I am instantly filled with so much love for you. Sometimes I try and remember what it was like before you got here, and I honestly can't remember.

My favorite thing these days is when someone else is holding you, or when you are in your crib or in your swing and you start to cry the cry that only I know: it's the cry you cry when you want me. You will cry until I pick you up and hold your head against my chest and talk to you. You stop crying once you hear me and you hold very still, and then you curl up into me and close your eyes. It is one of the best feelings to know that sometimes I am the only thing you want and need.

Another thing I love is kissing your chubby cheeks, and your tiny hands, and your little feet. You are truly the most adorable thing I have ever seen. You make the silliest faces, and you have so many different faces. You like to pucker your lips and open your eyes really wide - you do this when you hear a familiar voice, and when you are pooping (haha)! You have your sad face - you make the cutest little frown with pouty little lips. Usually I can make you happy again before the sad face turns into a cry, but even when you cry it's adorable. Then you have your happy face - you smile really big, and even though everyone says smiles at this age are just reflexes - I think they are real.

Lauryn, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I prayed for you for so long, and truly believed I would never get to experience being a mother. Let me tell you now that you were well worth the wait. You are perfect, and no matter what happens, no matter what you do or say, I will be here for you and love you forever.

Happy one month!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment