Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy

I think it's safe to say that the past few days have been some of the most enjoyable, happy, content days I have ever experienced. I just feel so at peace. There are moments during the day where I am busy doing something and I forget that I am pregnant, and when I remember it's like a burst of adrenaline and joy. Being pregnant = joy. I can't even explain it really. People look at you differently, talk to you differently, just treat you differently in general. I love it. I just feel so special.

I had my first appointment on Thursday. It was with a nurse midwife at my doctor's office. My mom came with me. They had to do a pregnancy test for insurance purposes (of course it was positive) and she gave me some information concerning early pregnancy and setup my first prenatal appointment for Friday, March 12th. I love doing things related to the baby. I get excited at night to swallow the 6 different pills they have me taking (4 Metformin, 1 HUGE prenatal vitamin, and 1 progesterone supplement). At my first prenatal appointment they will do our first ultrasound. I will be 7 weeks. I cannot WAIT! I can't imagine any better feeling than seeing your first baby for the first time on an ultrasound monitor and seeing/hearing the heartbeat. I am praying Jimmy is able to take off early to come to the appointment with me, but if not my mom is going to come.

In other news, I have to work tomorrow (groan) and I have a test on Monday that I haven't spent a second of time preparing for. I missed 2 of the 3 classes for this Unit (which is VERY unlike me) because I was sick one day and then the other day was this past Tuesday when I found out I was pregnant and nothing else in the world mattered for the rest of the day but celebrating. So, pray that I learn what I need to in order to get a 90 or above on this test! I don't like anything less than a 90 :o)

I am going to crawl into my nice comfy bed and get some much needed sleep.

Oh, and I have not had a single ounce of caffeine (like Coke or Mountain Dew, my addictions) since last weekend. Caffeine has been related to miscarriage, so I am not touching the stuff! I am proud of my self-control though!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment