Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Free day

Today is my first free day in about 3 weeks. By free, I mean no homework... I still have managed to pack the day full with stuff to do. I cleaned out the guest room closet because we are going to install a better closet system in there with more shelving, so we can store more in there. Right now we just have use of the one, standard shelf and it is literally packed... in the mean time, the bottom is completely empty, wasted space. I am using a closet system that I bought for the closet in my old room at my parents house. I am going to Target this afternoon to get some storage bins so we can store more stuff in the garage. We are going to get a shelving system for the garage tomorrow, I believe. My husband has been so wonderful helping me do all of these things on his spring break! He cleaned out the garage yesterday, cooked dinner AND a desert... and he came with me to babysit a friend's little 2-year old boy (I figure Jimmy needs the experience :o).

Anyway, I am going to the doc's with my dad today. He got some blood work a few weeks ago that came back showing his fasting blood glucose was very high, so I assume they will be telling him he is diabetic today and I want to be there for moral support as well as be able to hear everything the doctor tells him so I can make sure he sticks to whatever routine they put him on. It is the controlling nurse side of me that needs to be involved :o) He has had all the signs and symptoms of diabetes... polyuria (peeing a lot, especially at night), polydipsia (being thirsty a lot) and polyphagia (drinking a lot of water). He also gets jittery which is characteristic of low and high blood sugar, he has lost about 20lbs for no reason and his vision is getting worse. My poor daddy!

While I wait I am looking at JC Penney's online at their baby furniture. I am REALLY impressed. They have a ton of adorable, solid wood baby furniture that got excellent reviews, and while it is pricier than what I would expect from JC Penney I think it would be worth it. Here are a couple of my favorite sets:
This dresser/changing table would actually be in the dark color like the matching crib shown below, but they didn't have a picture of it in the dark wood.


And here is my favorite set, I think:

The crib is in the darker, espresso color and the dresser/changer is in the "coffee" color.

Which set do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment