Monday, March 30, 2009

Infertility

Since my husband and I have been trying to conceive (TTC as they call it) there is a thought that pops into my head at least once every day... what if we can't have a biological child? There is a blog I read today about a couple who have been TTC for 2 years and have recently started IVF after failed attempts at fertility treatments. Both are from very religious families and are devout Christians. So why are they unable to have a child of their own? It terrifies me. I think about how excited and hopeful my husband and I are... I am sure this woman and her husband were the same way in the begining, not realizing what lie ahead of them.

Then I thought of this... maybe God makes certain women infertile, inspite of their desire to have children... because he knows there are going to be unfit mothers who do not want their babies? Maybe he creates certain women especially to take care of these "unwanted" children? God makes each one of us special. He gives each one of us a special purpose in life. One of my purposes is to be a nurse... to take care of the sick, to deal with blood that may make some queesy, to perform mathematical calculations that others cannot comprehend, to understand health and illness, to rehabilitate, to heal. My purpose is also to be a wife, and one day a mother. If Jimmy and I can't have a child of our own, I will know that it is our purpose to care for someone else's, and to show that child every ounce of love that we have been saving up for our own.

I pray that all women out there dealing with infertility, who are spending large sums of money on IVF and infirtility treatments, can realize this and come to terms with God's purpose for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment