Tuesday, April 20, 2010

2 weeks until graduation, and a great surprise!

I graduate in (less than) two weeks - May 3rd. I am SO excited! I am currently in my LAST CLASS, called Role Transformation... there is no lecture, just 90 hours of clinical. We do seven 12 hour shifts, including one overnight (7pm to 7am). We are done with 3 shifts so far... so only 4 more to go. We had our night shift last night and I was scheduled to work in the ER, and I actually got to take care of a girl who was going through the same thing I just went through 3 weeks ago. I got to go with her to watch her ultrasound, and almost started crying when we saw the baby's heart beating away. I decided I can't go watch ultrasounds anymore, except my own, lol. The "great surprise" is - I was telling the ultrasound tech how I was there, at that same hospital, 3 weeks ago for the same issues. She was asking me questions, and then she said "after we take the patient back to her room, we can come back and I'll scan you!" I was SOO excited! I grabbed my nursing school buddy who was in the ER with me that day for clinical, and had her come with so she could see. The baby is a little over 3 inches long now and was moving all over the place, and would curl up and then stretch out real fast, kicking my uterus. My friend was like "Oh my gosh! Can you feel that?!?" and I said "No!". The cutest thing was that the baby started to suck its thumb! And the BEST PART - the tech said she did not see a hematoma, so it must be gone! Yay!! I didn't get a picture to take home because they don't have that printing ability, but I get my official ultrasound tomorrow at 10:00 so I will have some adorable pictures to post.

I love being pregnant! It's so neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment