Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Letter to my baby girl - 2 months old

Lauryn,

Happy two months old day! Please stop growing up so fast. I feel like I JUST wrote your 1 month letter, and now you are 2 months! When I was pregnant with you I begged time to go faster, but now I want it to slow wayyyyy down. I only have 1 more month with you until I go back to work, and then I won't get to be with you every day and see all the little changes that are happening.

You have amazed me in the past month with all the new things you are doing. You are holding your head up on your own, unless you are tired, then you lay it on my shoulder. You are smiling so much now, although you still don't smile reactively to me yet, you little stinker. You smile for daddy, grandma, grandpa, aunt Erika and even your pediatrician! I won't take offense though. I take it as a compliment... you are comfortable with me, used to me, and you only smile at new people, or people you don't see a lot. The pediatrician promised me that I would get a reactive smile by Christmas... that would be a nice Christmas present from you!

I can't get over how much you have grown. At your 2 week check-up you weighed 8lbs 1oz. At your 2 months check-up you weighed 11lbs 11oz!! You are in the 74th percentile for weight, 68th percentile for head circumference (down from the 99th percentile at your 2 week check-up!) and 93rd percentile for length (you are now 23.75 inches long! You grew 3.75 inches since birth!). You are cooing a lot more now, too. Sometimes I think you fuss just to hear your voice.

You have also discovered your hands. You like to ball them up and suck on them. When you first started doing this I thought it was because you were hungry, but I have learned that you just love your hands! They must taste good :o)

The best thing that has happened the past month is that I have realized how much you are loved. Not just by me and daddy, because that is a give-in, but by grandpa, grandma and aunt Erika. They simply adore you. I love to watch their faces light up when they see you. I love to watch them interact with you and I love listening to them laugh at the cute faces you make. Grandpa likes to give you "whisker rubs" on your face because you give him the funniest responses. We all just love you to pieces, Lauryn! You will get to meet your other grandma and grandpa in a few days, and I am so excited because I get to watch two more people fall in love with you.

Thank you for changing my life for the better, Lauryn. My days are sweeter, my dreams happier and my life has more meaning because of you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment