Wednesday, December 15, 2010

To my husband on our anniversary

Jimmy,

I figure I could write you a letter, too, since you and Lauryn are the two most important people in my life.

I can't believe it has already been 3 years that we have been married. Even crazier is that we have known each other for 6 years! To some people this may not sound like a long time, but to me each year is an accomplishment that a lot of married couples don't reach.

I am so thankful to have you in my life. I have a sense of security with you that no one else can offer. I know 100% without a doubt that you will come home to me every day. I know 100% without a doubt that you love me. I know 100% without a doubt that you love Lauryn. I know 100% without a doubt that you will continue to provide for us, even when things get tough or we have unexpected things happen. You always make things work, and I love you for that, because I never have to worry (and as we both know, I worry a lot to begin with!)

Thank you for being patient with me, and loving me unconditionally, or as you say, for loving me with a Godly love (you may not remember telling me that a while back, but it was profound to me that you felt like you loved me the way God loves me... without judgment, without conditions.) I hope you know I love you the same. I hope I have showed it to you enough this year, and I hope I continue to show you how much I love you.

Thank you for an amazing year!

Love,
Rachel

1 comment: