Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Chapter In Our Life

Well, with all the blog frenzy lately, I decided to jump on the band wagon. I also decided I wanted somewhere to chart the new journey my husband and I are about the begin. We decided about a month ago that we were ready to have a baby! I want a place where I can talk about my feelings and all of the events that will happen leading up to when we find out we are pregnant, as well as post pictures and videos showing my growing belly after we get the happy news. It will be a way for family who aren't near us to keep up-to-date on the happenings of our lives and my pregnancy.

So, here it goes...

I stopped birth control 3 weeks ago and started an ovulation monitoring kit 5 days ago. The first 4 were negative (you take one per day) but the 5th one, taken last Saturday, was positive! It was very exciting because I had read many discussion forums where other women who were TTC that had been on the pill were having troubles getting their body back in the groove of ovulating. Some had not ovulated in over a year and had to get special medicine from their doctor! I was very nervous that this might happen to me, so I was quite relieved to see that dark, obvious pink line on the ovulation stick. Anyway, it goes without saying that we didn't waste our time that day... or the next day... or the next day ;o)

Whether you are family, or just a blog-reading addict... welcome to my blog!

3 comments:

  1. I am sure my mom will love reading about how we did not wast our time lol.

    Good job on the blog babe.

    I love you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's no mystery how babies are made! And you spelled waste wrong :o) I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Your are doing a great job in nursing school, too!

    Love you!

    Momster :-)

    ReplyDelete