Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Term is over... time for some cake!

Well, the first term of nursing school is officially over! I got 3 A's and one stupid B! (Note: the B was a 92%... 1% and I would have been an A!!) It was a VERY difficult and challenging semester, so I am shocked to have gotten so many A's. I deserved them though! I signed up for classes for next term... I am so happy I got the hospital I wanted for clinical. I am really excited! Classes start back up again on Monday.

In the mean time, I got the itch to make a cake. I don't know why... but I just really wanted to make a decorative cake. So, I decided to make a cake for my sister's boyfriend and do a golf theme. I made a devil's food cake with chocolate ganache filling and a cream cheese icing. I covered it in fondant (traditionally used for weddings) and decorated the top with golf stuff. Here is a picture:


We will be eating it tomorrow night. I even got a box and added a "home made" sticker to it! I think it would be so much fun to make and decorate cakes... and I think this is pretty darn good for my first one!

No comments:

Post a Comment