Monday, October 4, 2010

Officially on maternity leave!

I guess it's not REALLY maternity leave since I'm not getting paid... ha. I worked at a dead-end job that I got a little over a year ago to get me through nursing school, and since I became pregnant before graduating, I decided to wait until after having the baby to get an actual RN job. Anyway, my last day at this job was on Friday. It feels so weird to be home. I was afraid I would be bored, but I am doing a pretty good job at keeping myself busy. Already today I have cleaned up the house (some vacuuming, dishes, etc.) and washed up some baby stuff (cradle bedding and blankets - I was afraid if I put it off too long that I would go into labor and it wouldn't get done before she came home!) And I went over to my parents' house to clean up a little since my mom comes home from her trip today. I did some vacuuming over there, washed their sheets, and bathed their dog (and gave him a little hair cut!) I've also enjoyed being outside a little today with the dogs. The weather is SO NICE outside. We have highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s this week. It's fantastic!

Tomorrow morning is our ultrasound to determine how big Lauryn is and how the placenta is holding up. Then right after the ultrasound is my 37 week doc's appointment. I will be seeing the midwife this time because the place I get my ultrasound is at a hospital downtown, so I am going to my doctor's downtown office, but unfortunately my doctor is at another office tomorrow. Oh well, anything for convenience. I happen to like the midwife I am seeing tomorrow... she is the only midwife at this practice that I like! Anyway, I will update tomorrow after my appointments. I am hoping to hear more about if/when they will induce me. My doctor was so pleased with my blood sugar levels and overall health at my appointment last week that she was saying she may not induce as early as she originally wanted to. She said she still won't let me go pass 40 weeks though, so I am thinking at the LATEST, Lauryn will be born on October 21st when I am 39 weeks 1 day (if they induce me on that day). We really want to be induced on a Thursday if it comes down to it. I really think she will come naturally on her own though. I have been having SO MANY Braxton Hick's contractions, and for about the past week they have been accompanied by mild cramping that is slowly turning into very uncomfortable, period-like cramping as the days go on. Today, at my dad's house, I thought I was in labor because the cramping and stomach tightening was so unbearable... but I sat down and drank some water and it went away. I'm not 37 weeks/full-term until Wednesday, so she has to stay in there for at least a couple more days!

I will update after my appointment tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment