Saturday, November 27, 2010

Best Time of Year

This is the best time of year, in my opinion. I am filled with such a joyful feeling. I don't know if it's the cooler, crisper weather, or the fact that everyone else is excited about the holidays and it's contagious, but I just love it! It's the only time of year I actually don't mind my picture being taken - I love doing photo Christmas cards! I didn't do one last year, but we did the year before (our first Christmas as a married couple). That year was a great year: we were newlyweds and we had our first "baby" - our Jack Russell, Bella! We had many outtakes for this picture, obviously, but the one we settled on was of her yawning. We thought it was so funny! Here is that picture:


This year is even more special. We have a little baby to include in our Christmas picture! As you all know, it took us nearly 2 years and lots of frustration and tears to get our bundle of joy. Last Christmas was not the happiest Christmas. We had been trying to get pregnant for a year and I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself that we didn't have a baby to share the holidays with. Everyone around me was getting pregnant within a month or two of trying... some were getting pregnant without trying! So why was it so hard for us? I had wanted to be a mother my whole life. I did everything right... college, marriage, house... where was my baby? Little did I know, the very next year I would get my wish. I can't wait to portray our first Christmas as a family via beautiful photo Christmas cards from Shutterfly.com. This year they have a HUGE selection. I couldn't even make it through all of the pages of wonderful options before I fell in love with this one: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/merry-blossoms-christmas-card?sortType=1&storeNode=93476

I like this one because it is simple, yet beautiful. I want one that just utilizes one picture, since we are taking a family photo (with the dogs, too!) I like the combination of brown and red and I just love the design!

For other great Christmas photo cards, go to: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards

Don't celebrate Christmas? They have a selection of holiday cards, too: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards

Don't forget about photo calenders, which make a great gift for grandparents: http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars

No comments:

Post a Comment