Monday, November 8, 2010

Lauryn Update

I haven't talked about my baby in a while. I've been slacking in the blogging department, not that anyone reads my blog anyway... but at least I have all my thoughts down for her to read one day :o)

So, Lauryn is doing great. Every day we get more comfortable and used to each other. We are getting into a pretty good routine. Each day she goes to bed and sleeps for her 6-hour stretch a little earlier. Thanks to daylight savings, that time is now midnight! Hooray! This may sound late to most of you, but it used to be 2:00am to 2:30am. She has this insane 3 to 4 hour awake period at night. I don't understand it. She has another 2 to 3 hour awake period in the late morning. The rest of the day she sleeps, and wakes only to eat and get her diaper changed. Oh, and we moved her into her room last night because all of her little noises were keeping me up at night. We are both sleeping much better now!

The funniest thing about this baby is her farting. I mean, this kid can pass some gas! She wakes up and starts grunting, trying to poop, and she literally farts like 20 times. Loud farts. Louder than I have ever farted... seriously. I was so concerned about it that I asked the pediatrician, who said it's normal (while laughing at me).

Anyway, her first Halloween was good. We went to a pumpkin patch by our house and got 3 little pumpkins... one for each of us. We were going to decorate them with markers and stickers but never got around to it... and Halloween is over so they are just a nice fall decoration on the ledge by our stairs. Then we took her to my parents' house (in her little monkey suit, picture below) and hung out for a while, watching the trick-or-treaters come up to my sister's "haunted garage". She had it decked out and was dressed up to scare the kids.

That is about all I have to update on. She is a pretty chill baby. She only cries when she is hungry, and sometimes when she just wants mommy to cuddle with her. She was 8lb 1oz at her 2 week check-up which means she gained a whole 15oz in 10 days (she was 7lb 2oz at her 4 day check-up)... which is amazing considering they only look for newborns to gain 1/2oz to 1oz each day... so Lauryn gained way more than that! They were impressed since I breastfeed exclusively, especially since her birth weight was 7lb 1oz and they typically lose 10% of that within the first couple of days after birth... most babies are lucky to be back up to their birth weight for their 2 week check-up. Anyway, enough bragging about my awesome breastfeeding. I will be doing a special "letter to Lauryn" post on Thursday since my baby will be 4 weeks/1 month old! I plan to write a letter to her each month. So, until Thursday... have a great week!

PS - I forgot my exciting news: I am only 5lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight and I am BACK INTO MY PRE-PREGNANCY PANTS!! Go me! I think it's crazy that I gained 37 lbs while pregnant and in less than 4 weeks I have lost 32 lbs. I came home from the hospital and had only lost 12 lbs from the birth... then over the next week I literally lost 10 lbs of what I can only assume is water weight (I was SO SWOLLEN!) and then the remaining 10 lbs I am assuming is fat. Anyway, I am super excited about this! I can't wait to impress my doctor at my 6 week check-up. My goal is to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by then (November 23rd)! Oh, and the gestational diabetes is also gone. I checked my blood sugar for a day after I got home, and it was completely back to normal. I hope that gives some reassurance to those of you out there with gestational diabetes!

For your viewing pleasure, my little monkey:

1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading ;) and your daughter is adorable!!!
    Good news about the GD - I am so over it already - enough!

    ReplyDelete