Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's a little late, but technically it still counts as Thanksgiving since I have yet to go to bed!

You all know one of the things I am thankful for this year... my sweet baby girl. She has brought so much joy to my life and makes me thankful for such simple things every day... like holding her, staring at her, changing her diaper, feeding her, playing with her. I am just thankful to be her mother, and thankful that she is healthy and happy.

I am also thankful for my husband. We have been through a lot in our 6 year relationship. We have endured separation of the worst kind - when he was deployed to Iraq for 8 months. We have been through trying situations in our relationship and have always come out stronger. We have been through infertility and now have a beautiful baby and so much love in our family. Even though a day doesn't go by where I don't get frustrated with him, I am so thankful for him and I fall more in love with him each day. I am thankful we are about to celebrate 3 years of marriage next month :o)

I am thankful for my amazing parents. They have been there for me every single time I have needed them and have always supported me in every decision I make, and have always been there to help me when one of my decisions was a bad one. They are honest, loving and so much fun to be around. I am thankful to have spent another delicious Thanksgiving with them, and I hope I have many more Thanksgivings to spend with them both.

I am thankful for my sister, Erika, even if she is a pain in my ass sometimes. She may not know it, but I look up to her for a lot of things. I love her free spirit and envy her high energy level (and she doesn't drink coffee!) I think she keeps all of us going sometimes. I envy her beauty and her innocence (yes, some 26 year old still have innocence!) I love her "can't knock me down" attitude. She has had an extremely difficult year, but she is still smiling.

Lastly, I am thankful that, in spite of the CRAZY year Jimmy and I have had with the cost of school, job losses and new little family members, that we have been able to pay every bill and have food on the table. I know not every family has been as lucky in this crazy economy, so I am thankful that we are still scraping by :o)

God has been good to me this year!

With her great grandma today on Thanksgiving:


With the doctor who delivered her this past Tuesday:


Swaddled and sleeping peacefully in her crib:


With her grandma (my mom) last weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment