Wednesday, May 26, 2010

18 weeks... really!?!

I can't believe I will be 18 weeks pregnant tomorrow. When did that happen? I swear I JUST found out I was pregnant, like, yesterday? This pregnancy is flying by... but I am not complaining! It's hot in Florida, and I CANNOT WAIT to meet this little girl. I keep thinking about what it will be like to see her for the first time. I think about how Jimmy will react... will he cry? Be speechless? Run away? lol, just kidding about the last one. I also wonder if I will cry. I think that I will, but then again, I thought I would cry when I saw the baby on ultrasound the first time... and I didn't. I thought I would cry when we found out if it was a boy or a girl, but I didn't. I think I am still in a state of shock. Even though my stomach is HUGE and I feel her moving several times each day, it's still hard to believe this is happening.

I feel so lucky that everything is progressing smoothly. We had a bumpy beginning, with the hematoma and all, but I have had such a smooth pregnancy otherwise. I didn't get really bad morning sickness, which I am so thankful for. I've been tired, but it hasn't affected my life. Aside from the occasional round ligament pains that I have been experiencing lately (baby is growing a LOT during the next couple of weeks), I have no complaints.

Well, this was a random post, and I wish I had something more interesting to talk about, but I felt the need to update since it's been a while. I'll have more ultrasound pictures after next Wednesday. It's my 20 week ultrasound at my doctor's office. They will check out all the baby's organs and confirm the gender. Wouldn't it be funny if they said it was a boy? We have a lot of baby girl clothes already, lol.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment