Sunday, May 30, 2010

Very productive weekend... and I still have a day!

This weekend has been very productive so far. We had my niece over Friday night. We had a lot of fun with her, but poor Jimmy was wore out by the time we dropped her back off with her mom. She just LOVES Jimmy and hangs on him the entire time (literally hangs on him... she sits on his shoulders on the couch. It's really cute because she watches TV and gets really into it and doesn't realize she is petting his hair or stroking the side of his face lol). We took her to the pool Saturday late morning and only stayed for about an hour and a half because it looked like it was going to rain. Now, you would think that it would be the adults saying to the 8 year old "we need to leave, it looks like rain" but no... it was the 8 year old informing the adults that it was "time to leave" lol. I love that kid. Memorable moment: she was swimming and came up from under water all out of breath and distraught and said "Gosh, I can't BREATHE under water!" Jimmy and I were cracking up.

I cleaned the house a little yesterday after she left, but today we organized the entire kitchen, like inside the cabinets and the pantry. We threw away a lot of junk, along with expired food and expired medicine. It looks great in there. In a few months we will have to free up cabinet space for baby items... yay! :o)

I vacuumed the family room floors a little tonight, but tomorrow we are cleaning all the floors. I am excited about this because with two dogs, they get pretty gross (although gross in my book is spic 'n span in other people's books, lol).

I think tomorrow we will take the dogs to the dog park, give them a bath when we get home, put them in their crates, clean the floors and then relax by the pool. I am making a deep dish pizza from scratch tomorrow night for dinner. Dad is sick and mom doesn't feel like hosting a Memorial Day bar-b-q like she usually does. I don't blame her! It's a lot of work. Maybe next year I will be up for hosting one at our house.

I will be uploading the new ultrasound pictures and a new "5 month" belly shot sometime Wednesday night. I can't believe I am almost half-way through this pregnancy!

Side note: this baby girl was rolling around in my stomach while I sat here and typed this. She is very active tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment